Gauge with javascript doesn't work in Spotfire Web Player

Marcelo Araujo

Hi,

I'm developping one text area with some gauge graphics. The graphics is working in Spotfire Analysts but doesn't work in Spotfire Web Player.

I have defined the javascript libries to:

resource=[

"//10.9.115.52:18080/justgage/raphael-2.1.4.min.js",

"//10.9.115.52localhost:18080/justgage/justgage.js"

]

.... and it works .... I already haveenabled the javascriptAPI in web.config

Does anyone knows what is going on with my analysis inSpotfire Web Player

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

First of all, the JavascriptAPI does not affect the Text Area, it has to do with whether you want to enable mashups or not.

Seehttps://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire_dev/area/doc/html/TIB_sfire-dev_develop...

Regarding your main question, it is difficult to guess what is going on. If you debug your code using the development tools of any modern browser you can produce console output, breakpoints or alerts to verify your code.

I would start by verifying that your external libraries get loaded properly. I assume you are doing this by using jQuerys getScript. Seehttps://api.jquery.com/jquery.getscript/ for information of how to add error handlers to the requests.

Happy coding!

Hannes

• 3 months later...

Thank you for that response. I would also like to add that depending on the version: login to the machine where spotfire webplayer is running, install some spotfire dektop or analyst and execute the test just to verify that no proxy is blocking access to the external javascript libraries. 

• 1 year later...

I also have the same probleme, i'm developping  text area with 3 gauge graphics. The graphics is working in Spotfire Analysts but doesn't work in Spotfire Web Player.I used this libraries :resource=[

"//cdn.jsdelivr.net/raphael/2.1.0/raphael-min.js",

"//cdn.jsdelivr.net/justgage/1.0.1/justgage.min.js"

] Do you know if i can remove the animation of gauge, may be there is a timeout or something like thatThank you for your answers.

• 5 months later...

I posted an answer in StackOverflow that addresses this problem. We ran into the same problem in our project.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45178925/spotfire-javascript-output-...

The calculated value does not run in time before the gauge chart is generated, so nothing will show up in browser. This is due to asynchronous running of code.

Our solution was to generate the calculated value in a function itself and then pass it into the gauge chart in init function

• 5 months later...