How to freeze the row headers in Crosstab using script

Siva Kumar 7

Hi,

I am using crosstab visual which is having "Date" on Horizontal axis , "Amount" column on cell values and "Business" column on Vertical axis.I am showing90 dates on Horizontal axis and Business will have always 5 values.I have total 6 crosstabs like this in same page one by one. So, is there any way we can Freeze the row headers of crosstab visual and have a common horizontal scroll for all the visuals. I am able to create common horizaontal and vertical scroll using "Set minimum Size", but when I did this , if I use my horizontal scroll I am not able to see business values., I mean not able to freeze business valuesalong with horizontal scroll. I tried with freeze headers property in crosstab visual, but it is not working if we change the size of page (if we increase the page width to get commonhorizontal scroll for all the visuals), Appreciate your help.

Attached is the sample images of actual cross tab visual and After using the horizontal scroll (Business is not appearing).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I quickly created crosstab visualization in Spotfire 10.7 version. I had similar settings as you described - time on horizontal, measure on cell values and other variable on vertical axes.

I was able to freeze my row header irrespective of my page size.

For this, go to visualizations properties > Appearances - under horizontal scrolling, use either freeze row headers or adjust automatically.

Attached are the sample images of my scrolling cross tab and it's properties.

What is the spotfire version you are trying things in and what kind of horizontal scaling have you selected in it's properties