Not seeing changes after updating jar files for Spotfire server

Georgi Koemdzhiev

Hello, I have updated one of our jar libraries in one of the Spotfire environments we have but I don't seem to be able to see the changes when I use the WebPlayer.

I have performed the following steps when I deployed the update of the jar file:

1.I copied over package.jar to "tss/tomcat/webapps/spotfire/WEB-INF/lib" directory of the Spotfire server

2. I restarted the Spotfire server service by executing the following commands in that order: "sudo /etc/init.d/tss-10.0.1 stop" & "sudo /etc/init.d/tss-10.0.1 start"

Is that all that is needed in order to see the changes of my jar library or I am missing out something

After placing the updated jar, did you remove the older one

You mentioned that you are not able to see the changes in Web Player. What kind of changesthis JAR is making Are these changes getting reflected in the Analyst (if applicable) If it is applicable only to the Web Player, then it could be the case that the JAR did not get modified properly. After restarting the Spotfire server, you can check Catalina logs and see if you can get a logged error stack with that JAR.