What is the relationship between analysis availability and scheduled updates

Ethan Miller

If I have an analysis set to refresh daily starting at 6AM and reload every 4 hours until 6PM, will the analysis be available in the webplayer outisde of this time Will it be available but will load new data and not use the cached data What is the benefit of adding a 24/7 update every 0 minutes schedule I want the analysis to be available quickly in the webplayer 24/7 but also update daily at the previously noted times

Hello Ethan,

Here are the responses.

Q)If I have an analysis set to refresh daily starting at 6AM and reload every 4 hours until 6PM, will the analysis be available in the webplayer outisde of this time

Response-->Outside of this time also you can access this report.However it will uncached version.

Q)Will it be available but will load new data and not use the cached data

Response-->Yes you are right.It will load new data and not the cached data.

Q)What is the benefit of adding a 24/7 update every 0 minutes schedule

Response-->If you set 24/7 and update every 0 minutes means it caches only once at the start time and uncaches at the end time.So the data will be cached only once and stays for 24 hours.

Review this documentation for more information.https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/10.3.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_ser...

Q)I want the analysis to be available quickly in the webplayer 24/7 but also update daily at the previously noted times

Response-->If you want to keep the analysis in cache 24/7 you can go with start and end times as same & enable for entire week and with reload intervals as per your requirement.

Note:It is also recommended to give sufficient time for uncaching of a report.As the rule may fail with "update is already in progress" error if uncaching doesnt finish before the next time rule triggers at start time.