storing marked values even when the active page is changed

Geetika Saini 2

Hello Fellows,

I have a requirement to store the marked data in a text area.

In my use case, I am invoking Iron python script to navigate to a different page hence script given in below link is not working as My active page is getting changed every time I am marking data on the page

https://community.spotfire.com/questions/mark-row-and-show-particular-column-value-text-box

I am attaching mydxp which navigate to new page whenever we mark the data on the first page. I have added a text area where I need to store the marked values.

I will appreciate if anyone can provide me any pointer or help to achieve the functionality

Change the marking of your table on page 2 to a different marking than the visual on page1.

I opened your dxp and the functionality seems to be working.

I mark item(s) on page1 and it navigates to page2 showing me the marked items.

If I change the marking on page2 to "new marking" then no markings I make on page2 affect the document property selectedValue

Markings are working fine and it is navigating as well. 

My use case needs to save the values I marked on the first page. If you check the text area on the second page of my dxp, you will see that I want to save those selected values in text area.

That is what I am trying to achieve

Thank you for the Help, Appreciate the effort.

Though I still have a question, I am not sure if that is something we can achieve here in this case, but I would Like to know your thoughts.

Is it possible to store the selected values as value 1, value 2 under different document property

like I showed in my text area, the reason I am asking this format because using the values of those document Property I want to limit my other visualization but in this case, they are coming as concocted string labels which I cannot use in limiting expression.

With some extra python scripting yes you can assign to other document properties. 

But how many items are can be marked  

Instead of assigning to multiple documents properties I would use  python to format correctly for use in the limit expression. 

What type of expression are you wanting to use

Hello,

Thank you for your response.I want to use the expression in data limiting.

I will be marking two points at any give time on the Line chart in my dxp.

once I receive these points, I want to store them as T1 and T2 in any document property.

Now I want to use these T1 and T2 to limit the data in other table where I have time as one of the columns

Basically I want to extract the data  between T1&T2 timelines from other tables 

These tables are related but have different Timelines

Regards,

Geetika

Set up two docuemnt properties (labels) as DateTime then update your scritp to: 

# This script just checks that there is a value in the input, and if so changes the page

selecetedValue = Document.Properties["selectedValue"]

if selectedValue!="":
 for page in Document.Pages:
   if (page.Title == "page 2"):
     Document.ActivePageReference=page
z = selecetedValue.split(',')
Document.Properties["MyVal1"] = z[0]
Document.Properties["MyVal2"] = z[1]

@tyger0951- I have implemented the script we discussed above, I am having one error-"Could not execute function call 'pagechangefunction'Could not execute script 'changepage': 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'"This is appearing when nothing is selected on the Graph, I know its a valid error as our script work only when something is selected but I was wondering is there any way to get rid of the error as it will be issue for users if they get this issue every time 

I hope you can help me out with this error