Issues log in on Spotfire Analyst 10.3 on the server

Ana Kvesic

Hi TIBCO,

hope you can help me, I'm trying to load Spotfire Analyst 10.3.3. -LTS on server and getting this error below when I'm connceting with ADMIN account.The envirometn was set up correctly when I'm loading localy and I do not get the error below, only on the server. Is it something related to server errror and can be fixed Also,on the server I'm not connceted to internet.

ERROR:

Error message: An unknown error has occurred.

UserDirectoryServiceException at Spotfire.Dxp.Services:

The server could not be reached (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.WebServiceBase`1.InvokeService[T](ServiceMethod`1 serviceMethod, ExceptionFactoryMethod exceptionFactoryMethod, String customMethodNameForLogging)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.UserDirectory.UserDirectoryService.GetPrincipal(String guid)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.Authenticator.Authenticate(SpotfireIdentity identity, PrincipalProvider provider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Loader.LoginHandler.PerformLogin()

WebException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized . (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.HttpClient.NativeWebResponse..ctor(NativeHttpClient httpClient, NativeWebRequest request)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.HttpClient.WinINet.WinINetWebRequest.GetResponseCore()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.HttpClient.NativeWebRequest.GetResponse()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.SessionEnabledSoapClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at Spotfire.Dxp.WebServices.UserDirectoryService.getPrincipal(String id)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.WebServiceBase`1.InvokeService[T](ServiceMethod`1 serviceMethod, ExceptionFactoryMethod exceptionFactoryMethod, String customMethodNameForLogging)

To resolve, add the TIBCO Spotfire Server URL to the Trusted Sites internet zone in the machine's Internet Options where you are getting this error:

In Internet Explorer, click "Tools" icon and select "Internet Options".

In the "Internet Options" window select the "Security" tab.

On the "Security" tab select 'Trusted sites' and click on 'Sites'

Add the TIBCO Spotfire Server URL and click on 'Close'

In the "Internet Options" window click on the "OK" button to close it.

Now try and log in with the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst client again.

Note: The test login using the browser failed with the JavaScript error due to Internet Options site restrictions. To get the web authentication to work, enable "Active Scripting" for the zone the TIBCO Spotfire Server URL is in. To update, perform these additional steps between steps 4 and 5 above:

On the "Security" tab click on the "Custom level..." button.

When the "Security Settings - Trusted Sites Zone" dialog window opens, look for the "Scripting" section.

In the "Active Scripting" item select "Enable".

When the "Warning!" window pops out asking "Are you sure you want to change the settings for this zone" select "Yes".