Error message: Global and user services could not be initialized. when trying to connect to Spotfire Labs 10.8.0 R180250

James Laurenzano

Hi,

When I try to log into my Spotfire Labs server, i receive the following error:

Error message: Global and user services could not be initialized. The application will close.

BadImageFormatException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data:

Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base, Version=11.104.0.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=789861576bd64dc5' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest. (HRESULT: 80131018)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataServiceFactory.RegisterDataWriters(GlobalDataWriterRegistry globalDataWriterRegistry)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataServiceFactory.UseGlobalServices(GlobalServiceRegistry serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Services.ServiceFactory.UseGlobalServices(GlobalServiceRegistry serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.VisualsServiceFactory.UseGlobalServices(GlobalServiceRegistry serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Services.ServiceFactory.UseGlobalServices(GlobalServiceRegistry serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.WebControlsServiceFactory.UseGlobalServices(GlobalServiceRegistry serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.FormsServiceFactory.UseGlobalServices(GlobalServiceRegistry serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Services.GlobalServiceRegistry.GlobalServicesCreated(IServiceFactory serviceFactory, AddInManager addinManager)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Main.Program.c__DisplayClass1_0.b__0()

Please advise. Thanks James Laurenzano

FYI - I ran the installer for 10.6 as an administrator and did a repair.  It was successful.  Then I ran Spotfire also as an administrator and it prompted me to upgrade to 10.8.  But i said no and was able to connect to the labs server environment.  I'm hesitant to upgrade as I had a similar problem with 10.7.  Any thoughts from anyone

Hi James,

You should not use your regular Analyst client with Spotfire Labs. Instead you should download a "Portable" and then have that download the packages that are needed.

Please try this:

1/ Log into the Spotfire Labs server in the browser.

2/ Goto the Library page

3/ Download a portable version of the Analyst client. You'll find it in the left panel, under Resources/Downloads.

4/ Login to the Spotfire Labs server using the downloaded Analyst client (you need to unzip it first).

5/ If you get prompted for unsiged packages, just click yes to continue (this is an issue in the current build).