How to change the "Statement Parameter Limit" of the JDBC Producer setting

Georgi Koemdzhiev

Hello, a while ago my team found an exception that occurs every time the user selects a lot of data points in a Map Chart (our marking limit was set to a really high number - 2million). That throws an exception that we saw in the Monitoring section of the Spotfire Amin panel:

The incoming request has too many parameters. The server supports a maximum of 2100 parametersI was searching only and found that this is because of a limitation of the database we are using - SQL database. I also found that there is a way to tell Spotfire to split the query into multiple batches when the query parameters contain more than 2100 parameters. According to a page on Google Groups we need to set the "Statement Parameter Limit" in the jdbc producer to a value < 2100. The problem is, I don't know where I am supposed to make that change. Am I supposed to change a config file on the Spotfire Server If that is the case, where I can find that config file

Thanks in advance!

Hello Georgi, Can you please confirm if you see the issue with the JDBC Data source as a similar issue was fixed for external connections in 10.3 HF 007

https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/list-hotfixes-tibco-spotfire-clients-analyst-web-player-consumerbusiness-author-and-automation#toc-5

TSDC-5806 - SQL Server connector: Marking more than 2100 items sometimes gives an external error