Now how do i map that individual Lat & Lon in SPOTFIRE Map chart.

Manoj Chaurasia

Looks like the numbers are stored as TEXT in Excel. These need to be converted to "real" or "decimal" in Excel first. Then load the table into SF and make sure SF sees the LAT LON as REAL. Once in SF go to the properties for this layer. Go to DATA and set Coordinate reference system to EPSG:4326-WGS 84. Then go to POSITIONING and scroll to the bottom and set COORDINATE COLUMNS to the LAT LON columns and TURN OF AGREGATIONS! Below is how it looks.

• 1 year later...
If the latitude and longtitude columns are named as such they should be picked up automatically by Spotfire. But if they are not, go to the layer settings, positioning and at the bottom, select the appropriate columns for longtitude and latitude. See attached screenshot. There are also some quick reference topics available on map charts for further info.

• 1 year later...
Hello , I had the same problem, i went to my excel file where my data is located, i change the long & lat from " lat:44.20, long: 0.62" to "lat:44,20, long: 0,62" (make sure you put a comma and not a dot ) and select for long & lat instead of while importing the data to spotfire and it got resolved.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...