Why is TIBCO Streambase Manager 7.4.0 unable to connect to server

Basavva Hugar

Hi,

I am a newbee to TIBCO StreamBase Studio. I am unable to run my first application. The console shows this message.

2014-08-20 12:47:30.428+0530 [Thread- ThreadPool - 1] INFO c.s.sb.sbd.net.StreamBaseHTTPServer - sbd at PC296280:44852; pid=9736; version=7.4.0; Listening

and

even the StreamBase Manager is Unable to connect to server(s) [sb://localhost/].

Could anybody please help me on this

Hi Ben,

Actualy i'm getting different errors each time i run the applicationthose are as follws..

Exception caught while starting application:

The StreamBase Server process has exited prematurely with exit code 1.

Last few lines from server:

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: CMS bit map backing store failure

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: Failed to allocate CMS Bit Map

2014-08-21 11:48:51.837+0530 [main] ERROR c.streambase.sb.sbd.StreamBaseServer - Unable to set up server on port 10000: BindException: Address already in use: bind

2014-08-21 11:48:51.837+0530 [main] INFO com.streambase.sb.sbd.SBD - sbd at PC296280:10000; pid=11800; version=7.4.0; StreamBaseServer shut down

Probable causes/actions for each of the messages you are getting:

You don't have enough RAM available on your machine. Get more somehow.

Some other process is using port 10000. Could be a hung StreamBase server process, which you'll have to seek out and kill, generally called sbd, or sbd-java, or just java -- not sure what platform you are on. Could be something else on your machine using that port. You can specify another port to use, as well. From Studio you can set the default port preference via Window > Preferences > StreamBase Studio > Test/Debug > Server Port > Default Port. From the command line, you can set the listen port you want with the -p option to sbd.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...