How to create a filtering scheme using Iron Python

Georgi Koemdzhiev

Hello! Is it possible to create a new Filtering Scheme and set it to a page only using Iron Python The reason why I am looking into that is becausethe Web Player currently does not allow us to create Filtering Schemes. I hope to achieve that by executing a script which will be triggered by a Document property change. The name of the filtering scheme will be passed from the JavaScript api my using Document.SetDocumentProperty method.

The script below adds a new Filtering Scheme but I cannot select it from the Filtering Scheme menu in the Spotfire Analyst, it's nowhere to be seen. What am I missing

from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import *

from Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Filters import *

Document.ActivePageReference.FilterPanel.Visible = True

# Add a new data filtering selection.

filterings = Document.Data.Filterings

filterings.Add("Test Filtering 1")

for f in filterings:

print f.Name

I cannot see my newly added FilteringScheme after I ran the above script from the Filtering Scheme menu on the Analyst:

The script works for me and I can see the filtering schemes. Not sure if this is what has happened, but after you run the script from the script editor did you select okay or cancel . May be the changes were not applied because of this In the script editor output you shared we can see that the filtering "Test Filtering 1" has been added