exporting filtered data from viewing mode

Greg App

All-

I am trying to create a way for my manager to export filtered data in a clean excel format from viewing mode (he does not have the necessary license to edit spotfire documents). My current method of doing this is to filter the data with a toggle in a text box, creating a table, copying the table content, and then pasting that content into microsoft excel.

However, my manager's license will not allow him to create a table on his own using the manual method. Due to this license restriction, I am not sure an action button would bypass this restriction and allow him to effectively make changes to the dashboard by creating a new table.

There is a way to export filtered rows into a CSV file, but the result is extremely messy. Can anyone think of another way for my manager to accomplish this

Thanks

You can use an IronPython script tied to an button to export the data to excel. Below wiki article has a sample script reference,

https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/how-export-data-tibco-spotfire-using-ironpython-script-and-c

Just replace this below line:

writer = Document.Data.CreateDataWriter(DataWriterTypeIdentifiers.SbdfDataWriter)With the following

writer = Document.Data.CreateDataWriter(DataWriterTypeIdentifiers.ExcelXlsDataWriter)

Also since this is from WebPlayer use a network shared path (UNC path) instead of a local file path like C:/ as the files will be created on the NodeManager machine's C;/ drive in this case