JSViz is crashing if columns in the underlying data table change

Pete Thompson 3

I'm observing crashes when I attempt to open a DXP that has JSViz visualations when the columns in one of the data tables have been changed. The file refuses to open with an error about a node being in state 'Detached' - I'll post the full error at the end of this question.

To fix this, the only solution I've found is to delete JSViz from the Modules folder in my Spotfire installation, then open the file and accept the changes to columns, save the file, then re-open after allowing Spotfire to reinstall the JSViz modules from our server. Obviously I'd like a different way to solve this! I'm guessing it's a bug :)

Error message: Could not load the analysis XXXX.

InvalidOperationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

Attempt to read from a node that is in state 'Detached'. (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.UndoableCrossReferenceProperty`1.RawGetValue()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.PersistentDataView.GetAdditionalSelections(DataSelection[]& selections)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.PersistentDataView.BuildView()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.InternalEventHandlerConnection.c__DisplayClass8_0.b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentView.Use(DocumentView documentView, DocumentViewExecutionState documentViewExecutionState, Action action)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentNode.RaiseInternalEventsThatOriginatesFromThisNode(PropertyName propertyName, DocumentViewKey documentViewKey, DocumentView activeDocumentView)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.InternalEventsPropertyChangedQueue.RaiseInternal()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.CommitInternalTransaction(Boolean isOuterMostTransaction)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.InternalTransactionHandle.PerformCommit()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Node.InternalTransaction(Executor executor, Boolean rollbackNestedInternalTransactionAtException)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.PersistentDataView.set_GroupByColumns(IList`1 value)

at SpotfirePS.Framework.JSVisualization.Core.DataSetting.HandleLostGroupByColumns(DocumentNode changedNode, PropertyName propertyName)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.InternalEventHandlerConnection.c__DisplayClass8_0.b__2()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentView.Use(DocumentView documentView, DocumentViewExecutionState documentViewExecutionState, Action action)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.InternalEventHandlerConnection.Raise(DocumentNode eventSource, PropertyName propertyName, DocumentViewKey documentViewKey, DocumentView activeDocumentView)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentNode.RaiseInternalEventsThatOriginatesFromThisNode(PropertyName propertyName, DocumentViewKey documentViewKey, DocumentView activeDocumentView)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.InternalEventsPropertyChangedQueue.RaiseInternal()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.CommitInternalTransaction(Boolean isOuterMostTransaction)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.InternalTransactionHandle.PerformCommit()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataManager.d__97.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataManager.d__95.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataManager.d__87.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.PartiallyOpenedDxpFile.d__23.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.d__110.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.ConsumeDataLoadPromptRequests(IEnumerable`1 prompts)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.OpenFromLibraryCore(Guid entryId, DocumentOpenSettings settings)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FileUserActions.c__DisplayClass76_0.b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsProgressService.ProgressThread.DoOperationLoop()