Plotting Start/Stop Events On a Continuous Scale

James Kerr

Hi all,

I have a number of events that start on a certain day and end some time later (that can overlap). I would like to be able to plot the number of events currently active on each day. I have attached an excel file of an example with 6 events, starting and ending in January.

The end result would be something like this:

Date: Number of active events

1/1/19: 1

2/1/19: 1

3/1/19: 0

I tried an unpivot transformation first and then matching with a new list of every single date (i.e.1st to31st of Jan) that I manually created in Excel.I could then create a new calculated column to check if each event was activeaggregate those columns to produce the resultI am looking for over a small sample size. However, this needs to be scalable for a large number of events, so creating a calculatedcolumn manually for each event won't work.

Thanks in advance

Hi Gaia,

Thanks, that is helpful. What I would ideally like to do is generate a table such as this:

[[{"fid":"174126","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""},"type":"media","field_deltas":{"1":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""}},"attributes":{"class":"file-default media-element","data-delta":"1"}}]]

This would let me understand using details on demand, what items are active each day.

Is it possible to generate this using transformations and calculated columns

Thanks