Consolidated setup of Node Managers

Andriy Dmytrenko

Hi there!

We're trying to build the consolidated setup of the Spotfire environment, and we want two or more Spotfire Node Managers on the same machine, OS is Windows.

It is understood that we have to choose a different ports so all the instances won't overlap, but there is another issue.

It seems that NM instance installs its own certificate and overwrites all others, so only its servises can communicate with the server, all other NMs are getting errors of wrong certificate during https communication. We're able to solve it just by exporting the certificates and install them manually after the latest NM has been started, then it works for all NMs. But this is too manual and human intervention is required.

Why the NMs require different certificates for their communications Do they remove others certificates for a purpose

Is there a way to provide a single certificate for all of them, or ask them to not overwrite others

Thanks.

Hello Andiry,

Are you trying to install different versions of Node Managers on same machine or multiple Node Managers with same version in a single machine

If so may I ask why do you need to install multiple Nodes(of same version) on a single machineFor production usage I dont think it as a recommended approach.

And make sure you have sufficient system resources on the machine.

Hello Varma,

We're using different NMs versions. Of course, this is not a production setup, but I still see no reason why it shouldn't work and why a single consolidated NM server can't serve multiple Spotfire instances.

The server has enough resourses indeed, and I see no any performance degradation.

Thanks.

Andriy