Spotfire client logging/debug information (version 7.11.xx)

gopal rajagopal

Hi All

I am new to Spotfire. I am working with a large/complicated DXP file,

I was trying to find out which Data function or Iron Python function(s) are being executed 'under the covers'

when I click a specifc object i.e. especially those Data functions/IP scripts that are less 'visible' to the user.

I was attempting to use the logging facility (i.e. Help/Support Diagnostics and Logging menu option)

to get a handle on which Data functions or IronPython script(s) are being executed (and their sequence)

However, when I go into logging options/log level, there are many options under log 'level' drop down

such as TRACE, INFO, DEBUG, FATAL etc. I tried using some of the options but the output is overwhelming (especially for a newbie)

in the file associated with the logs produced by Spotfire

Any hints in context for using theHelp/Support Diagnostics and Logging menu option facility or some other method is appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

Gopal

For IronPython scripts INFO mode should be good enough. Generally if any IronPython script is being executed then you can see entries like below

INFO Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Scripting.ScriptService [(null)] - Executing script 'scriptName' [Language=IronPython 2.7.7]For Data Functions you might need Debug logging and there would be entries as below

DEBUG Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.DataFunctionImpl [(null)] - Manually executing function 'DataFunction Name = 'ExecuteOnLoad', Definition = 'DataFunctionDefinition { FunctionName = Untitled LibraryId = 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, ServiceType = TypeIdentifier:Spotfire.SNextScript.Executor, Description = , DisplayName = ExecuteOnLoad, OutputsOnlyDependsOnInputs = False, InputParameters = , OutputParameters = OutputParameter { Name = output, ParameterType = Value, Description = , DisplayName = output, ImplementationSpecific = } , ImplementationSpecific = script:Sys.sleep(10)

output