Change visualization by filtering Data Tables

David Saenz

Hi,

I was investigating how can I put a filterto select my different Data tables and change my already created dashboard. Some posts mentioned that i could use python and i try a few options that i found without much success, any hint will be much appreciated, thanks

DS

You can add a Text Area visualization, where you can create a Property Control like DorpDown/Listbox to provide the user the option to choose a data table and then execute an IronPython script on change in user selection.

Attached is a sample analysis file and below is the document reference on how to execute a script on property change

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/7.11.0/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire-analyst_UsersGuide/index.htm#other/other_details_on_script_act_on_property_change.htm

Great!, that indeed works, but it changes the way my dashboard was setup to the default option. I have some expressions on my axis in my bar char, a treemap by hierarchy that when i change the Data table it chane all of them, is there a way to maintain my current dashboard as is when i change the Data Table. Thank you very much again for your help

In the script currently i'm using bchart.AutoConfigure() to configure the visualization. But if you want to preserve the changes, then you will have to assign the respective changes, like 

bchart.XAxis.Expression="expression"
bchart.YAxis.Expression="expression"
#and so on ...

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/doc_remote/sfire_dev/area/doc/api/TIB_sfire-analyst_api/topic=html/T_Spotfire_Dxp_Application_Visuals_BarChart.htm