Configuration blocks for hiding /limiting items of a drop down to two group of users

Shilpa kale

I have a Spotfire analytic with a drop down for Quantity and Value, I want to show both Quantity and Valueitems of the drop down for members of a particular 'mail group' and only Quantity option of the drop down for a particluar 'mail group'. Data is coming via direct connection to SAP BW database.

Please can someone suggest a soultion

Create two filtering scheme, one will hold Quantity and Values, the other will hold only the Quantity. Then assign the (filtering 1 scheme) for one 'mail group' and (filtering 2) for another 'mail group'.

Edit > Document Properties > Filtering Schemes > New. etc

Hello , thank you very much for your prompt response,

I created two filtering schemes , one with Qty and Value ,

then deleted the Value from the drop down in the text area and created another filtering scheme only with Qty, however looks like i will have to create a new tab to use both the filtering schemnes to work..Spotfire does not remember to keep the Value option intact once deleted to use in another filtering scheme, however I do not want to create a new tab.

Rephrasing the question - can i create a web player url using configuration block to limit the drop down not to show 'Value' option in it (making it invisible), i can then give this link to the other mail group then , any small help related to the syntax will really be appreciated ..i am fairly new to IronPython /scripting 

Thank you very much in advance.