Errors when trying to refresh data table

Doug Zedler

I downloaded the Spatial Density Map Data Function dxp in hopes of being able to use it with my data, but I can't get it to work with the data embedded in the dxp. I installed the MASS library. Without making any changes to the dxp, when I click the refresh data table icon, which I'm assuming runs the function, I get the following errors:

Could not execute function call.

Failed to execute data source query for data source "7f096522-6656-459f-91c1-ff7b29b76637".

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataSourceConnection.ExecuteQuery2()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.AbstractFunctionClient.AfterExecute()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.AbstractFunctionClient.d__0.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.SPlusFunctionExecutor.d__0.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.DataFunctionExecutorService.d__6.MoveNext()

TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R returned an error: 'Error in marshallSpotfireOutputParameters(outputs, envir = envir) : object "Densitymap" not found'.

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.LocalFunctionClient.OnExecuting()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.AbstractFunctionClient.d__0.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.SPlusFunctionExecutor.d__0.MoveNext()

TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R returned an error: 'Error in marshallSpotfireOutputParameters(outputs, envir = envir) : object "Densitymap" not found'.

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataFunctions.Executors.LocalFunctionClient.OnExecuting()

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.. kind of. The template dxp works fine but when I try to run it in my own dxp file (defining x and y) I get that same error as above. 

Also, where to I specify the column do be used for density it looks like the template uses rownumber but I would like to use is a sales number/value.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.