Cannot add data table from file: Microsoft Access

Fernando Acosta

Hi! My name is Fernando and new user.

We have Spotfire 7.6.0.55 installed in serveral PCs. Authentication is with LDAP.

Cannot import data table from microsoft access files. But this issue occurrs only in one PC. With any user. But at any other PC it works!

This is the error:

Error message: Unable to import data. See the details for more information.

ImportException at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms:

Unable to open file Y:Informacion Permanente3000. Seguimiento de Indicadores3001. Seguimiento RojosSSAC Final.accdb (HRESULT: 80131500)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.Import.DataSourceFactoryService.CreateConfiguredDataSourceFromFile(String filePath)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.Import.DataSourceFactoryService.OpenFiles(IEnumerable`1 filePaths, String errorDialogTitle)

FileLoadException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

No licensed reader can be found for file: Y:Informacion Permanente3000. Seguimiento de Indicadores3001. Seguimiento RojosSSAC Final.accdb (HRESULT: 80131621)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.InternalOpen(String fileName, LicenseManager licenseManager)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.Import.DataSourceFactoryService.CreateConfiguredDataSourceFromFile(String filePath)

Hi Fernando,

"No licensed reader can be found for file" error indicates that the user doesn't have the appropriate licenses assigned to perform the required operation. Can you please make sure that the user is a assigned to a group that has the appropriate licenses to perform this operation

You can check which group/s the user is a member of from within the Spotfire Analyst client (administrative rights are needed in order to check this):

Tools >> Administration Manager >> tab Users.

Make a search for the user and see which group/s they belong to.

You can check groups and licenses here:

Tools >> Administration Manager >> tab Groups and Licenses.

Check the group/s the user is a member of and make sure they have at least the following:

TIBCO Spotfire Enterprise Player:

>Open file

TIBCO Spotfire Analyst:

>Open file data

>Open Database Data - I am not sure if Spotfire considers a .accdb to be a file or a database, if it is considered to be a file then this license is not needed. If it considers the .accdb to be database data then it is required.

You can read more about Groups and Licenses if you from within Spotfire Analyst go to Tools >> Administration Manager >> tab Groups and Licenses and click "Help" button.

I hope this can be useful!

Kind regards

Stina

Stina.

thanks for your answer.

I think its not permissions issue, because the same user go to other PC and can operate normally.

Any user logged in his PC have the same problem.

And any user logged at any other PC can operate without problem

Seems to be the PC! We have already re-installed Spotfire but the problem persists. :-(

Thanks

Hi Fernando!

I understand, on that specific machine - which odbc driver do you have installed for MS Access - 32 or 64 Also, do you have a licensed MS Access installed on that machine Is there anything different between the install on this specific machine compared to the ones that are working