unable to login to desktop version

Eric Leerssen

I just made a trial account, and when I log in to the cloud version it works fine.

When I open the desktop version of Spotfire 10 though when I log in it opens a web browser which says "Authentication successful

This window can now be closed. " but the spotfire client itself is still stuck on "log in using the launched web browser window".

The spotfire server that i am using is: https://spotfire-next.cloud.tibco.com/

Is there any way I can solve this

• 3 weeks later...

[[{"fid":"164606","view_mode":"default","fields":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""},"type":"media","field_deltas":{"1":{"format":"default","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":false,"field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":false,"height":"","width":""}},"attributes":{"class":"media-element file-default","data-delta":"1"}}]]Hello Experts,Could you please help solve my login problem. Via both IE and Chrome it doesnt login.SSL TSL things ticked on all versions.

Windows Firewall Switched off.

Still cant login to the desktop version of sFire 10 via win8 64bit.I just want to practise on the tool for few weeks, please help.The below is the error message after the login is failed.

""Error message: Cannot connect to the specified server.Before trying again, make sure that the server you connect to is a valid Spotfire server, that the server is running, and that you are connected to the network.WebException at System.Windows.Forms:The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request . (HRESULT: 80131509)Stack Trace:   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)   at Spotfire.Dxp.Loader.LoginHandler.AttemptSpotfireOAuth2Authentication(ServerInformation chosenServer)   at Spotfire.Dxp.Loader.LoginHandler.AttemptLogin()""

Regards,

Prathima

You stated that you got a cookie error when trying to log in with IE, have you tried clearing your cookies in that browser

I would highly recommend that you file a support ticket on this issue by clicking on the question mark () in the upper right hand corner of the Cloud page and clicking on Support so that we can utilize the full support department on this issue.

Yes KristenS, raised a support ticekt with the below content. I will update if I get any response.

================

Hello Team,

System OS Win 8
Used all available SSL/TLS
Used spotfire server - https://spotfire-next.cloud.tibco.com/
-
In case IE as default browser:
After I click on login on the desktop sFire tool, the IE browser opens up and I enter the credentials
user name: Prathimaneelagiri@gmail.com
right after I enter the credentials, the IE shows the below message
"Internal Server Error: cookie is malformed or expired"
-
In case of Chrome as default browser:
after I click on login on sFire and credentials entry, the browser gives a positive message that authentication is successful and I can close the window. 

However in both above browser scenarios, on the sFire desktop the pop window with message "Log in using the launched web browser window" still stays with only 'Cancel" option in it. and when I cancel the pop window goes away, thats it. It doesnt proceed further to finishing the login process.

Please help.

Regards,
Vinod N.

=====

• 2 months later...