How is data passed from Spotfire to TERR

Cao Nguyen

This question was answered here: https://community.spotfire.com/questions/how-does-terr-variable-passing-happen however, the option of "Having TERR pull data in directly from the original data source, rather than Spotfire sending the data to TERR. " is not clear to me. Do you mean R code must connect directly to data source If so how to apply active filter schemes in spotfire

In addition, I am using many filter schemes to filter a table. However when passing the table to a data function, I can only select one filter scheme, i.e. other active filter schemes will be ignored.

Currently before passing the data to data function I have to combine all filter schemes into one then selected the combined filter scheme in data function, which is slow. Can we do it in a different way

Any one

In addition, I am using many filter schemes to filter a table. However when passing the table to a data function, I can only select one filter scheme, i.e. other active filter schemes will be ignored.

Currently before passing the data to data function I have to combine all filter schemes into one then selected the combined filter scheme in data function, which is slow. Can we do it in a different way

As you noted, this is the alternate approach mentioned in that other question's answer: "Having TERR pull data in directly from the original data source, rather than Spotfire sending the data to TERR."

That approach would involve using TERR commands inside the data function's TERR script to import data directly from the external data source. A very simple example would be use of TERR's read.csv() function to import data from a CSV file directly into the data function's TERR session for use in that TERR session, using syntax similar to this:

MyTERRInputDataDirectFromCSV

Thanks for your answer.

In addition to bypass  the filtering/ marking mechanisms then I have to maintain two datasets at the same time, 1 for spotfire and 1 for TERR. So just wonder why do we have to use TERR inside Spotfire instead of using R stand alone!