Deployment of Python requests module in Spotfire

Erik Sandstrom

I am trying to delploy the third-party requests module for use in IronPython/Spotfire. The module now comes standard when you download python from python.org, which is where I obtained all of the .py files for the module. I have followed all of the steps outlined in the "Deploying Python Modules for Spotfire Clients Usage" document using the Package Builder. When I get to sub-step 11 under step 2 (where you select "TIBCO Spotfire Any Client" and click "Finish" I get the following error:

I have tried multiple different ways of building this package, and have even tried building the very simple module included in the instructions, yet I get the same error.

Any advice on how to get past this step and on how to deploy the requests module in general

Thanks!

Erik

Make sure you have added the distribution file to the Package Builder. If you have not added the distribution file, then follow these steps to add:

1). Launch Package Builder.

2). Click on File > Add TIBCO Spotfire Distribution, then point it to the Spotfire distribution location (Spotfire Professional client installation directory, which is usually "C:Program Files (x86)TIBCOSpotfireVersion X.X.X").

3). Select the check box, then click Validate, and save.

4). Once it has successfully saved, you should be able to validate the custom extensions

• 7 months later...