Export Report to PDF Error when executing on Server

Andrew Kock

I have a report with a map chart embedded in it that is set up to repeat over a value and auto-zoom the map to create a report with a series of maps. In the Automation Services Job Builder I have created a task that opens the analysis from the library and then Exports the report to a PDF. I can run this locally with no problems, but when i attempt to run on the server I get the following error:

Starting job Untitled on server

FAILED: Task 2 'Export Report to PDF' failed with: System.InvalidOperationException: Attempt to set bad scale.

at Spotfire.Dxp.Internal.Utilities.Robustness.Validate(Boolean condition, String message)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Visuals.Styles.Box.set_Scale(Double value)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.AdHocExportReportBuilder.CreateElementBox(Box sheetContentBox, ExportSettings settings, Rectangle bounds)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.PreparedExportReportBuilder.c__DisplayClass2_2.b__0(Page page)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.c__DisplayClass15_0.b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.ThreadTransactionInfo.EvaluateWithGenerationDependant(ILimitationTarget generationDependant, Executor executor)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.ReadCore(Action`1 action)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.PreparedExportReportBuilder.Build(PreparedExportReport preparedExportReport, PreparedExportReportRepeaterResultCache cache, Int32 rasterDpi)

at Sp

Done

This is the error in the server Logs:

ERROR;2018-10-15T15:04:30,911-05:00;2018-10-15 20:04:30,911;109ff631-a537-464f-840a-b438aa801379;151039cb8docjC;55;automationservices@SPOTFIRESYSTEM;Spotfire.Dxp.Worker.Services.Web.AutomationCore.JobInstance;"Automation job 00aef04d-2a75-4471-b9f2-9c69c66d7daf failed in task 2 Export Report to PDF: System.InvalidOperationException: Attempt to set bad scale. at Spotfire.Dxp.Internal.Utilities.Robustness.Validate(Boolean condition, String message) at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Visuals.Styles.Box.set_Scale(Double value) at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.AdHocExportReportBuilder.CreateElementBox(Box sheetContentBox, ExportSettings settings, Rectangle bounds) at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.PreparedExportReportBuilder.c__DisplayClass2_2.b__0(Page page) at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.c__DisplayClass15_0.b__0() at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.ThreadTransactionInfo.EvaluateWithGenerationDependant(ILimitationTarget generationDependant, Executor executor) at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.ReadCore(Action`1 action) at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.PreparedExportReportBuilder.Build(PreparedExportReport preparedExportReport, PreparedExportReportRepeaterResultCache cache, Int32 rasterDpi) at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.PreparedExportReportBuilder.c__DisplayClass1_1.b__0(PreparedExportReport snapshotNode) at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.c__DisplayClass15_0.b__0() at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.ThreadTransactionInfo.EvaluateWithGenerationDependant(ILimitationTarget generationDependant, Executor executor) at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.ReadCore(Action`1 action) at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.Snapshot`1.Read(Action`1 action) at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.PreparedExportReportBuilder.BuildForExport(PreparedExportReport preparedExportReport) at Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Export.ReportExporter.Export(Report report, Stream outputStream, String& errorMessage) at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.Export.Report.ExportToPdf(Stream outputStream) at Spotfire.Dxp.Automation.Tasks.Tasks.ExportReportToPdf.ExecuteCore(TaskExecutionContext context) at Spotfire.Dxp.Automation.Extension.Task.Execute(TaskExecutionContext context)"

I have attempted to remove the Map Chart and just export the corresponding table and I get the same error message. The Analysis file opens fine, and I have been able to also export an image of the Map Chart using the server Automation tools and that seems to work as well. Any ideas on where to troubleshoot next

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...