Limit On-Demand Load When Value is Not Equal To X

Patrick Fanelli

Hello,

I am trying to assist a colleague in limiting a very large data set with via the on-demand settings and need to know if there is a way to limit it when a value is not equal to something.

In the table in question there is a constant string value ("noflag") that is used to identify data that is not necessary for use in capacity determinations. Being able to set an on-demand criteria that only loads data when that field is not equal to "noflag" would provide a considerable boost in performance (eliminates millions of rows of data from being loaded).

I cannot figure out how to limit using a negative criteria (not equal to). Is there any way to accomplish this

Thanks!!

Hello Patrick,

You can do the following to limit the on demand data as per your requirement,

In the define Input window of the On demand settings, select "Values (Fixed/Properties/expression)" for the Input for the selected paramter

Now select the radio button expression and click edit

enter your expression somethin as below

If([baseball].[HITS]!=1252 ,[baseball].[HITS],NULL)Click Ok and apply the settings.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the reply.  I receive no errors.  My table has three columns:

Department Group Technology
Area1 TeamA TEST
Area1 TeamB TEST
Area2 TeamA NextGen
Area2 TeamA TEST

Every expression I try returns only the column headers and no rows for this table when using Data-On-Demand w/ Expressions.  I've triede about a dozen different expressions already.

I would like to see every row that is not TEST.

• 1 month later...