Filters in Textarea suddently disappear for no reason

News me

Hi,

I created a dashboard which has a lot of scripts and complex formulas that are calculated on the fly.

I have a problem lately with the filtersI have created in Text Areas.All thefilters directly fromthe filter schemeseem to disappear for no apparent reasons. On the Filter panel, the filters show up with no errors.

This happens when I change tabs but there is no error messageshowing up. It does not happen all the time. I am not sure what is causing the problem.

Has anyone experience this before

Thanks,

Ray

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone ever get a direct answer from Tibco on this I've been plagued by this for months now as well. It seems like if you have a fair number of filters, especially in a text area, this happens more frequently. It seems like you can trigger it if you switch tabs, and then before all the lists of values in the filters get refreshed you switch tabs again. After that all you can do is reopen the entire analysis to get the filters to show back up.

I thought I saw a link to a bug report around here somewhere a couple months back but now I can't find it.

Sure.  I'll try attaching one here.  Basically it's a pretty straightforward scrollable text area on the left of each report tab.  There are a lot of filters on it, but nothing "fancy".  It's pretty straightforward list boxes and checkboxes and range filters, all out of the box stuff.If I switch tabs then switch right back, before the list boxes on the second tab I went to have finished loading, the blank areas shown in the image are what persists until such time as the whole analysis is closed and reopened.  The condition persists across all tabs from that point forward.  If you look at the native filter interface once the condition is triggered, the filters themselves still exist, however the list filters never finish loading.  Something or other gets permanently "stuck" it appears with list filters if they don't quite finish loading and you switch tabs.Additionally, if you edit the text area, the controls are still there as well, just completely invisible it seems.  This happens to multiple dashboards I have.houdini_filters.jpg

I also just added an attachment to try to provide an example with nonsense data of no real importance.  The data is just embedded.I went a little overkill on the number of filters on the left nav, and clearly they have no purpose other than to try to illustrate the behavior.  The real life dashboards I'm dealing with don't always have quite that many filters in the left nav, but sometimes have quite a large number of visualizations (made to stretch across 3 very large screen monitors).  I get the impression it's the combination of complexity and such that it chokes on when trying to draw things and if an interruption occurs such as a tab switch, sometimes the filters "poof".If you open the attached dxp and let it load everything (seems to take me about a minute) on each page, you'll see the filters remain visible.  If you just switch to another tab and switch back, without waiting, you should see the disappearing act.

Look again.  I guess I thought it was attached already at the bottom when I clicked "upload".  I didn't realize you had to submit an answer with it.  Apparently there's no way to attach DXPs to comments rather than answers  That doesn't seem super helpful if so.