How to export a page as an image in TIBCO Spotfire using IronPython scripting.

Maria Khmelnitskaya

Dear all

Is there a way to export a page from the report as an image

I have found a way to export a vizualisation:https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/how-export-visualization-image-tibco-sp..., but I need a snapshot of the entire page. In the example in the link a Render attribute of the vizualisation is used, but it is not availible for the page.

P.S. I need that to export the report with custom styles, and this option is unavailble in Tibco 7.8.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Shandilya Peddi

Thank you! this helps. Just in case there is luck on my side today,  I see no harm in asking...

Do you know if there is an example of this code that loops through the dxp document pages and inserts into a new or open powerpoint I have searched long and far for this to address my original use case

My use case for this ask: counter default behavior/output of Spotfire webplayer's "export to PowerPoint" and the effects of this behavior rendering any meaningful spotfire library analyses' visualization unintelligible due to its default 4:3 slide dimensions. The bulky aspect ratio is primary painpoint and is further compounded by slides' meager size/area serving to pronoune underdesired skew by constraining images ability to handle font size and visualization elements . 

Thanks again! I will post back here if I find the solution I am looking for.