A background image behind scatter plot

Rahul Gandhi

Hello all, I am posting this question again as I was very vague in my earlier post.

I am trying to plot a scatter plot with a backgroud image that will show if the unit performance is excellent, acceptable or bad. For that, I need to plot a quadrant plot in backgroud of scatter plot. Green quadrant means excellent, gray means acceptable and red means bad performance. I have created scatter plot in spotfire with the horizontal and vertical lines but I don't know how to fill in colors (as shown in attached JPG file).

1) The horizontal and vertical separation lines are fixed for givenunits but may change if different unit is selected. Right now for this example, I have set it at 100 for both KPIs.

2) If filling colors in quardrant is not possible, is it possible that I create a static image outside spotfire and put it as background image in scatter plot

Even knowing if this is possible in spotfire or not, will be helpful to me :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I for the life of me have tried to do this but can not get the the image or marker plot to honor the scaling.  I am using Distance (X) and TVD-SS (Y) as axis like in scatterplot and setting those number in extent settings of image file but it's not honoring those numbers.  Appearance ration settings set to 1 to 1 like in example but not working. Any ideas  Also just looking for a way to copy the scatterplot and paste it into a powerpoint but with a transparent background.  No ideas

• 2 years later...