Is it possible to use crosshair in MapChart to zoom to specific area in Spotfire?

Dagfinn Veiberg

Hello Dagfinn,

Can you please build a small, simple Spotfire analysis (DXP file), with non-proprietary data embedded or stored in it, that illustrates this use case?

A concrete, sharable example will help make the discussion here more productive.

It will also help focus the discussion if you post the version of Spotfire you are using.

Maybe with some Map configuration such as auto zoom or other settings you can achieve what you are trying to do, which I can only assume the details from your question. Can you please elaborate more? Is your map using markers? layers? shapes?

You can also extend the functionality of the map with IronPython scripting. For example, you could add functionality to the JavaScript Crosshair so when you click twice it triggers a bookmark or a script

Here is an example on how to use the Spotfire Map API to zoom to a predefined location of the map

And the JavaScript crosshair for Spotfire is a way for you to add a crosshair on any visualization.

crosshair.thumb.gif.b1646609c50a0dbbaf9fec82df0ad04d.gif

Jose,

I just want to have the possibility to zoom into a specific area on the Mapchart using the pointer or cross-hair. This option is already available, but in marking mode only. One could for instance copy this option, disable marking mode, and put it as an icon on the navigation bar. This is probably easy.

Another question: I often have 20-30 overlays in my mapchart. How can I to organise the layers in catalogues and turn the content of each catalogue (or part of the content) on/off with one button?

zoom-in.thumb.png.a995d5c920dc8f342ce69b823994989e.pngKind regards,

Dagfinn

Sorry Dagfinn. I still don't understand. Is this something you can do manually and you want to automate? Can you please share a DXP, screenshots or animation to illustrate the manual process?

For the second question, please confirm if it's related to this or other thread.

Hello Dagfinn,

Whenever you post a question like this one (and like the new question that needs to be posted separately) please do both of the following:

(1) Build and post a small, simple Spotfire analysis (DXP file), with non-proprietary data embedded or stored in it, that illustrates the use case.

(2) Post the version of Spotfire you are using.

A specific Spotfire version and a concrete, sharable example will make the discussions here more productive.

For example, a discussion for Spotfire 7.11.1 and a discussion for Spotfire 14.0.1 could easily be completely different.