How to trust scripts which appear as "untrusted" from web player but trusted from installed client?

Anne SAINT-AMANS

Hello,

I created a report with Ironpython scripts enclosed. However when my colleagues who have a Consumer or Business Author license open it from the web player, they have a warning related to untrusted items present in the report.

In the documentation I found the following indication:

"In the web clients, it is not possible to assign trust to a script. If you encounter an analysis with untrusted scripts you must either open the analysis in the installed client and trust the scripts before saving the file, or contact a script author to do it for you."

However when I open the dashboard from my installed client, all scripts are already denoted as "Trusted". I have an Analyst license and I am a Script Author.

Any idea of the issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Anne,

In addition to having the Author Script license, are you also a member of the "Script Author" group? If not, what you describe is the expected behavior.

As stated in the server manual (https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/14.0.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/server/topics/spotfire_extensions_license.html) regarding the Author Scripts license:

"Important: To save scripts and data functions as "trusted" in the library, a user must also be a member of the Script Author group".

• 4 weeks later...