Is it possible to export data to excel keeping the hyperlinks of the table visualization or Details on Demand intact?

Prateek Rawat 3

Hi,

In Spotfire dashboard I have a table visualization and Details on Demand which contains a column which has a "link" renderer. So when I click the value in the column cell it opens a page in browser because I have configured a hyperlink.

Now, I want to export this table to excel, and want to keep the hyperlink intact in excel. So I would like the excel to have a column with the same link as I have in spotfire.

Is this possible in spotfire?

Regards,

Prateek

Hello Prateek,

Improvements to the Excel export was one of the many improvements in the latest Spotfire 14.0 LTS release, that was released earlier this week - see https://community.spotfire.com/s/article/What-s-New-in-Spotfire-14-0-LTS for more information.

I just did a quick test using Spotfire 14.0, and confirmed that the hyperlinks in my Spotfire table were still present when I opened the exported xlsx file in Excel.

• 1 month later...

Hello Prateek,

I'm not aware of any needs for configuration - this should work without any configuration, but maybe there are some aspects to your analysis, or Excel version that affects this. Is it only affecting the hyperlinks - is other formatting, such as table coloring, working? I just tested again (see screenshot below) and it worked fine for me - to be exact, using Spotfire 14.0.0 HF-001, and opened in Excel 2019). The hyperlinks are available and work well in Excel.

I recommend that you open a support case in the Support Portal (https://support.tibco.com/) so this can be investigated in more detail.

Export.thumb.PNG.9521c7cf123bed476e8cc2e94fbac86a.PNG