Trusted Signer Certificates

Maeson Vallee

Hello,

I am adding Spotfire visualization mods (Sunburst and Sankey) and currently when someone tries to use the mod, they have to 'trust' it first. I noticed that they are signed by Tibco Software Inc. so I was trying to find a way to add it as a trusted signer, so every user doesn't have to go through the process of trusting each mod.

Hello again,

There are several ways you could do that. One way is to download it from within Analyst in the following way (I already have this trusted so things might play out a bit differently for you):

1. Open one of those mods in Analyst - e.g. just drag the .mod file into your Analyst
  2. Go to File menu > Manage Trust
  3. Click Show item for TIBCO Spotfire Inc.
  4. In the Signer column, click on the pen icon, which contains Signature Details
  5. Click "Download certificate".

DownloadCert.thumb.PNG.8d7b5835b9c1fca1fd61ce2ded96fd9c.PNG

• 2 months later...

Hello Chris,

Have you tried following the documentation that Maeson refered to (https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/latest/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/server/topics/adding_trusted_signers_to_a_group.html?_ga=2.23623546.1333402338.1695271240-382554087.1695271240)?

In short, a Spotfire admin can add a certificate as trusted for a group and then anything signed with that cert is automatically trusted for all users in that group (so they are not prompted to trust it). To do that:

1. Start the Spotfire Server Web Admin UI

2. Select Groups

3. Right click on the group of interest (e.g. "Everyone" to do this for all users) > Edit trusted signers and items

4. Under "trusted mod developers", add certificate > from local file

5. Now add the TIBCO Spotfire Inc certificate you downloaded.

Result:

TrustedCert.thumb.PNG.f22fe7cb3b5fb5744f3b7de1a990ee09.PNG  

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

>Is it possible the root cause is the lack of internet connection on the server

That would definitely cause problems.

There is a community article - https://community.spotfire.com/s/article/Troubleshooting-certificate-verification-issues-in-Spotfire - with a lot of good information on how to troubleshoot certificate issues in Spotfire. In this particular case, refer to the section "Signed with a certificate issued by a public certificate authority" which provides guidance on what you should do if there is no internet connection.  

If you require further assistance after that, it would likely be easier to troubleshoot your issue as a support case (create on https://support.tibco.com), so our Support team can get access to more information, including logs, from your environment.