Spotfire stopped working

Ramya Kalyanaraman

Hello,

I was using Spotfire version 7.6 and I after updatingthe software (shows version 7.9) it stopped working. When I lauch Spotfire, I am getting the 'loading' screen but then an message saying "Tibco Spotfire has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availble. Can someone please help me to resolve the problem Thanks

Hello Ramya,

Such issues need deeper investigation, I will advise you to open support case (https://support.tibco.com)

You can try following steps of clean uninstall and reinstall to check if that helps.

Can you please follow the instructions that are listed below:

1. Make sure all TIBCO Spotfire Client products are uninstalled using the Control Panel.

2. Delete any remaining files in C:Program FilesTIBCO.

3. Delete any remaining files in C:Program Files (x86)TIBCO.

4. Delete any remaining files in C:Users\AppDataLocalTIBCO.

5. Delete any remaining shortcuts on the desktop to TIBCO Spotfire.

6. Delete any remaining start menu group for TIBCO Spotfire.

7. Start regedit and delete the TIBCO key (if present) in :

a. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftware

b. HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareWow6432Node

c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware

d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SoftwareWow6432Node

Once these are done, reinstall the Spotfire Professional client and connect to the correct server.

thank you

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I came across this article when my Spotfire Analyst 7.8.0.1.23 began experiencing the same symptoms after having previously worked only a few days previously.

I stopped the error by following the step to quarantine all files in C:Users<username>AppDataLocalTIBCO C:Users<username>AppDataLocalTIBCO. Spotfire regenerated all the files. However, all prior session settings had to be restored manually.

Regards,

Kevin

While I performed step #4 from Ninad's instructions, I forgot to mention that I didn't need to perform any of the other steps. Next time this symptom happens, I contend it's worth trying step #4 first to see if that stops the crash before attempting the remaining steps #1, #2, #3, #5, #6, and #7.

Regards,

Kevin

• 11 months later...
Step 5, 6, 7 are needed if for some reason the steps performed in the earlier steps did not remove all the files from the locations mentioned in step 5, 6 and 7. In most of the cases just the first 4 steps are enough. But if the same issue persists or a new installation fails, then the last three steps must be performed starting from step 1.