Is there a way for trellis to share the same X & Y Axis? Or split a control chart over time period?

Stephen Easter

I have a Line Chart that is a single continuous year. If I add a control chart (std dev from lines & curves), it's for the entire time horizon, rather than being able to split that control chart by quarter (in the example pictured). I tried using trellising, and it does split the control chart correctly, but I still want the splits on a single timeline, rather than four separate timelines. Is there a way to modify the trellis so it's a single shared X & Y Axis with changes to just the control chart? Or is there a way to not show the empty values for the data that appears is the next trellis?

You could try with calculated columns. These would use the OVER construct. The limitation is that OVER does not want a function to be applied to its arguments, so you first need to define a calculated column denoting your quarter.

Then e.g. for the average, you would define a calculated column as Avg([your Y column]) OVER [quarter]. You can then add it to your plot with Lines and Curves > Add > Line from Column Values. Repeat the same for the standard deviation lines.

This does not use Trellis.