How can use IronPython to create a new TagsColumn?

David Katz
Go to solution Solved by Gaia Paolini,

• Solution

You can create a new Tags Column from Iron Python, for example:

# Copyright © 2022. TIBCO Software Inc. Licensed under TIBCO BSD-style license.from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import TagsColumnnewTagColumnName='newTag'cols = Document.Data.Tables["iris"].ColumnsnewTagColumn=cols.AddTagsColumn(newTagColumnName,['yes','no']);

In this script I am creating a new Tags Column called 'newTag' in the 'iris' data table, with potential values of 'yes' and 'no'.

The column will be created and you can visualize it just like any column. Also you can go up to the top menu and choose View >Tags to see it. It is initially all 'Untagged'.

You can use Iron Python to set it as well. In the example below I am getting the marked rows as input and set the tag to 'yes' for those rows.

# Copyright © 2022. TIBCO Software Inc. Licensed under TIBCO BSD-style license.from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import DataColumn, TagsColumn, IndexSet #Marked rows on the source tabledataSelection = Document.Data.Markings['Marking'] #the default marking schemedataTable = Document.Data.Tables['iris'] #my data tablemarkedRowSelection=dataSelection.GetSelection(dataTable) #Get handle to the required column and cast it to a tagcolumnmyTagColumn = dataTable.Columns.Item["newTag"].As[TagsColumn]() #Loop through the tag list and add the tagged/nontagged rowstags = myTagColumn.TagValuesfor t in tags: if t == 'yes': myTagColumn.Tag(t, markedRowSelection)