I want to filter out data based on first the date selected by the user and then grouping the data based on some fields.

Shahrukh Choudhary

ID

creation_date

Method

A209364

6/5/2022

ABC

A209364

6/6/2022

PQM

A209364

6/5/2022

ABC

A209364

6/6/2022

PQM

A209364

6/5/2022

PQM

A209364

6/5/2022

ABC

A209364

6/6/2022

PQM

A209364

6/6/2022

PQM

A209364

6/6/2022

XYZ

A209364

6/5/2022

PQM

Hello,

I have the data in above format in a table along with some other details (I pasted sample data only). I have a requirement to show rows based on the user selecting a date range (the dates are in last 3 months but here there is only 2 days of data) and the condition is - for a particular ID, if the method is ABC in the selected date range, then that ID record should not be displayed. On the other hand, if for a particular ID if the method is not ABC in the selected date range, then the record for that ID should be displayed.

e.g. If the user selects 6/5/2022 then in that case, no record should be displayed in the table as it contins method as ABC for the selected date range for a particular ID.

In the similar case, if 6/6/2022 is selected, then 5 records should be displayed with all 6/6/2022.

AND if the user selects date range as 6/5/2022 to 6/6/2022 then no data should be displayed as for a particular ID the method is ABC in the selected date range.

I want to implement the same logic to create a table that will give results based on the selection made by the user. However, I am not able to dynamically filter the data. Is there a way to do what I am trying to achieve

I know it can be done with the help of measures in Power BI as it calculates dynamically after the selection is made. Is there any equivalent functionality in Spotfire or how can we make dynamic calculations in Spotfire. Any information would be of great help. Many thanks in advance.

Create a simple TERR data function that takes your filtered [Method] column as input (m). The function should return if 'ABC' is not found in the input. So the result will be either the value TRUE or FALSE. Store this boolean value to a document property (not.ABC) and make sure that your TERR function runs automatically.

not.ABC

• 9 months later...