Could not create new table alias

Jessica Johnson

Hi all,

I'm using Spotfire Analyst 11.4 LTS on Windows 10 (64-bit operating system, x64-based processor). In the information designer when I right click a table in our datbase to create a table alias (I need to perform a self-join), I get the following error:

Error message: Could not add new table alias table_alias

InformationModelException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data:

An Internal Error has occurred. (HRESULT: 80131500)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.InformationModel.InternalInformationModelManager.AddTableAlias(String name, DataSourceTable table)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Data.InformationDesigner.DesignerForm.AddTableAlias(CachedDataSourceTable table)

InformationModelServiceException at Spotfire.Dxp.Services:

An Internal Error has occurred. (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Services.WcfSoapService`2.InvokeService[T](Func`1 serviceMethod, String customMethodNameForLogging)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.InformationModel.InternalInformationModelManager.AddTableAlias(String name, DataSourceTable table)

One thing to note is that we recently upgraded from version 10.2 to 11.4 LTS. I used to be able to create table aliases when using the previous version, so I expect this error may have something to do with the upgrade.

Hello!

There are no general issues with table alias creation in 11.4 that I'm aware of (and I just did a quick test without issues), so there is likely some local factor - your access rights/the data source/data source driver/... - that is causing this.

I recommend that you open a support case in the TIBCO Support Portal - https://support.tibco.com - so our support team can gather additional information about your environment and help you troubleshoot. It's likely that the server logs (e.g. server.log ) will contain additional information - the stack trace you shared did not contain much information to go on - so I recommend that you reproduce the issue again, and include a Troubleshooting bundle from the server when opening the case.

Best Regards

Fredrik (TIBCO)