Saving Error to File or Library Item

Paul Victor

When I try to save as a File or to the library for some reason I get the below error. The data is embedded, so I don't think it has to do with communicating with the data. I've saved and worked on this document a number of times. I did delete some pages and add pages, but nothing too crazy I think.

Error when Saving to file:

Error message: Unable to save the file Operations Metric.dxp.

InvalidOperationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

Attempt to create a nested transient transaction. (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.BeginAggregatedTransaction(String displayName, Boolean transient, DocumentNode rootNode)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentNode.BeginTransientTransaction()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.c__DisplayClass11.b__8()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.Progress.ExecuteSubtask(String title, ProgressOperation operation)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.Save(DocumentTypes documentType, DocumentNode doc, IDocumentSaveSettings settings, Stream targetStream)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.Save(DocumentTypes documentType, DocumentNode doc, IDocumentSaveSettings settings, String fileName)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentManager`1.c__DisplayClass2.b__1()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsProgressService.ProgressThread.DoOperationLoop()

Error when Saving to library:

Error message: Could not publish Operations Metric.

InvalidOperationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

Attempt to create a nested transient transaction. (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Commands.CommandHistory.BeginAggregatedTransaction(String displayName, Boolean transient, DocumentNode rootNode)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.DocumentModel.DocumentNode.BeginTransientTransaction()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.c__DisplayClass11.b__8()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.Progress.ExecuteSubtask(String title, ProgressOperation operation)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.Save(DocumentTypes documentType, DocumentNode doc, IDocumentSaveSettings settings, Stream targetStream)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.PersistenceManager.Save(DocumentTypes documentType, DocumentNode doc, IDocumentSaveSettings settings, String fileName)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.SaveAs(LibraryEntry entry, Document document, LibraryItemMetadataSettings metadataSettings, DocumentSaveSettings saveSettings)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FileUserActions.c__DisplayClass9.b__7()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsProgressService.ProgressThread.DoOperationLoop()

• 2 years later...