Feasibility of having combination chart with multiple axis (more than 2 axis and separate Y-axis for each parameter)

siddharth sabat

Hi All,

Is it possible to develop a visualization with Spotfire Combination chart (Having both Line and Bar Plots) with more than 2 axes and separate Y axis for each parameter.

E.g. Lets say the dataset has 10 parameters (one date column and remaining 9 value columns). One parameter to be plotted as bar and reamining 8 parameters as line charts. But for all these parameters, the combination chart has to have 9 axes haviing individual scales for each of these 9 axes/parameters.

The second requirement here is, can we change the color of the bar parameter in the combination chart based on some rule or logic. (Like if the parameter value = 'Text 1' then color is Red else Green)

Is this possible to achieve in Spotfire Apprecate your responses and feedbacks on this.

Thanks

Sidharth

In the properties of your combination chart go to Y-axis, select your columns, and use "multiple scales" - "for each color". Then go to series and select which column should be plotted as line or bar.

With dates on your X-axis you might want to set this axis to categorical.

Unfortunately, I don't see a possibility to color code your bars by a certain rule.

Here's an example with 4 columns and 4 individual axes scales.

Thanks @fabd for the response. Appreciate it.

I have pretty much similar requiremenet, but need separate Y-axis for each parameters. e.g. here from your chart there are 2 Y-axis, but I need 4 y-axis for all the 4 parameters with individual scale. Please let me know if there is any way to achieve that. I doubt there is any native functionality availabe in SPotfire, is there any JsViz code available to embed in Spotfire to achieve that.

Thanks

Sidharth