My Spotfire .dxp file won't open after Database URL was changed

Subhankar Routh 3

My Spotfire .dxp file won't open after Database URL was changed.

My report has one of the data table configured as Linked to source. Now after the DB URL was changed I am unable to open the report as it is continuously asking for userID/Password. If I cancel it closes the complete report loading process. Other reports had data tables configured as embedded and I was able to replace teh data table after opening the reports. But this one report had data table marked as linked to source and it does not work.

I had also tried the following -

1. Rename .dxp file to .zip

2. Edit the Analysis.xml file to point to correct data source.

3. Zipped the modified package and rename as .dxp.

But the above process fails in opening the file, error is thrown.

Can you please help me resolve the issue.

Error Message after modifying the Analysis file - Error message:InvalidOperationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Cxx:

Unable to read data table entry DataTables/6840893b-dd4e-4a46-a7bd-330bfdd5da15 from file C:AppsSpotfireErrorIOL_Error - Copy.dxp. Error code 5 (HRESULT: 80131509)Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Cxx.CxxColumnManager.ReadTableFromZip(String filePath, CxxReadTableSettings settings, String entry, UpdateProgress updateProgress, HashSet`1 columnsToIgnore)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Persistence.PersistentDataTable2.<>c__DisplayClass3.<GetProducerResult>b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.Progress.ExecuteSubtask(String title, Int64 totalSteps, DeterminateProgressFormatter progressFormatter, ProgressOperation operation)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Persistence.PersistentDataTable2.GetProducerResult(CxxSession session, GlobalMethodRegistry globalMethodRegistry, Dictionary`2 tableToIgnoredColumns, FileMetadata fileMetadata)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Persistence.PersistentDataContainer.RestoreData(DataPool dataPool, String sectionKey, PersistenceManager persistenceManager, DataManager dataManager, HashSet`1 producerKeysToIgnore, FileMetadata fileMetadata)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataManager.<>c__DisplayClass28.<LoadEmbeddedData>b__24()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.Progress.ExecuteSubtask(String title, ProgressOperation operation)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataManager.LoadEmbeddedData(PersistentDataContainer persistentDataContainer, DataPool dataPool, PersistenceManager persistenceManager, FileMetadata fileMetadata)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.PartiallyOpenedDxpFile..ctor(DxpFileReadResult dxpFileReadResult, DataPool dataPool, PersistenceManager persistenceManager, DocumentLocation documentOrigin, Nullable`1 lastNormalizedUpdateTime, Dictionary`2 parameters)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.OpenDxpReadResult(DxpFileReadResult dxpFileReadResult, DocumentLocation documentOrigin, DocumentOpenSettings documentOpenSettings)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.<OpenDocumentFile>d__f.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsApplicationThread.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecutePromptingOperation>b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsProgressService.ProgressThread.DoOperationLoop()

• 2 years later...

I got the same issue, and figured out the issue was caused by re-zipping the file.

The correct workflow is:

1. Rename .dxp file to .zip

2a. Double click the .zip

(Note: Delete any other versions of AnalysisDocument.xml files)

2b. Cut & paste the the AnalysisDocument.xml file to somewhere

2c. Edit the AnalysisDocument.xml, then move that file back into the .zip

3. Rename .zip to .dxp.