How to prevent duplicates and ensure 'latest date' is displayed in multiple columns and from multiple data sources

Ian Levoi

The idea of my Spotfire Dashboard is to display the most current configuration of a machine. Below is a simplified version:

Date

Wheel Serial Number

Date (2)

Axle Serial Number

Date (3)

Car Serial Number

01/06/2021

04/06/2021

10/06/2021

20/06/2021

24/06/2021

27/06/2021

But it is not quite so simple because the Wheelsare moved and installed in a different Axleand the same with Axlesin different Cars..

The Date, Date (2), Date (3) are the test dates of each corresponding part. A part is tested every time the configuration changes.

This data canvas attached shows how the the test data tables combine to create the 'Current Car Config' data table.

Important: The [Wheel Serial Number] is used as a Unique Identifier to link the 3 tables.

My problem is that I need to limit/filtermy data to ensure the following:

Each part should only appear once in the table at any one time.

The latest configuration should always be displayed.

If a Wheeltest date [Date] is later than a Axletest date [Date (2)], the wheel is not installed therefore the columns [Date(2), [Chassis Serial Number], [Date(3)], [Car Serial Number] should be empty.

If a Chassis test date[Date (2)] is later than a Cartest date [Date (3)], the Chassisis not installed therefore the columns [Date(2), [Chassis Serial Number], [Date(3)], [Car Serial Number] should be empty.

I've been struggling trying to adapt the following formulas to achieve this:

Rank(baserowid(),"asc",[Wheel])=1

I've also tried using Max Date expressions which will not work either.

Please help!