Compatibility with Spotfire Version 7.11

Drew Schall

I see the Wafer Pattern Detection Dashboard project requires Spotfire version 11.2 and higher, but I currently have version 7.11.2. Is there any way to work around this compatibility issue, even if it means losing some features Are there any plans to make this project backwards compatible or is there some reason this wouldn't be possible

Hi Drew,

Thank you for the clarification. And no worries :-).

I have opened this dashboard myself and it depends on Python packages (amongst others). Now this has been possible in Spotfire since Spotfire 7.14 I believe. And as of Spotfire 10.x it became available as a service. I would not know if this dashboard would be made backwards compatible, but as 7.11.2 has became recently unsupported it might be difficult to see it will. But you best contact your Spotfire account manager to ask about this.

What you could try though, is to use the 7.14 python packages (you can find it here: https://community.spotfire.com/modules/Custom-Data-Function-for-TIBCO-Spotfire-to-Execute-Python-Code). This would lets you add 2 .spk files into your deployment area related to Python usage in Data Functions. With pip command (via command shell), you can then add the required Python packages onto your Spotfire environment (or your laptop) and see if you can get the dashboard to work.

If you already tried opening the dashboard in Spotfire 7.11.2 and got an error, then the above workaround for Python, may not be of use at all. Because you need to be able to open the dashboard to make use of the data functions for Python. Hope it works out for you, otherwise upgrading would be an option (depending on what Spotfire account management is telling you).

Kind regards,

David Boot-Olazabal

Hi David,Thank you for your quick response.Unfortunately, when I try opening the dashboard I get the following error message: Error message: Unable to read the file Wafermap Pattern Recognition v1.0.1.dxp. This version of TIBCO Spotfire cannot read files of version 11.3;11.2;10.10.TargetInvocationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (HRESULT: 80131604)Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.ProgressService.ExecuteWithProgressCancelable(String title, String description, ProgressOperation operation, Boolean showCancelButton)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsApplicationThread.ExecutePromptingOperation(String title, String description, PromptingApplicationInvocation promptingApplicationInvocation)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.RichAnalysisApplication.Open(String filePath, DocumentOpenSettings documentOpenSettings)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Main.Program.<>c__DisplayClass14.<OpenFile>b__13(LoadCallbackParameters parameters)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Framework.Utilities.LoadFileHelper.LoadFile(LoadCallback callback, LoadCallbackParameters parameters, Form owningForm)

DxpFileFormatException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

Exception of type 'Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.DxpFileFormatException' was thrown. (HRESULT: 80131500)Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.DxpDocumentFileReader.<ValidateCompatibilityVersion>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.DxpDocumentFileReader.LoadDocument(Stream docStream, List`1 trustedScriptHashes, PersistenceManager persistenceManager, IServiceProvider serviceProvider, Int32 supportedVersionIndex)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.Persistence.DxpDocumentFileReader.DxpDocumentFile.GetDocument(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)

at Spotfire.Dxp.Application.AnalysisApplication.<OpenDocumentFile>d__10.MoveNext()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsApplicationThread.<>c__DisplayClass1.<ExecutePromptingOperation>b__0()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Forms.Application.FormsProgressService.ProgressThread.DoOperationLoop()Based on this error, my only option would be to update to a new Spotfire version, correct

Hi Drew,

Ah right. Yes, that was what I was afraid of. Spotfire only saves the dashboard in its current versions as well as for theprevious one and previous LTS version.

That does indeed mean that you have to upgrade to at least Spotfire 10.10 (the previous LTS version) or Spotfire 11.2/Spotfire 11.3 (both Mainstream versions) or Spotfire 11.4 (current LTS).

Kind regards,

David Boot-Olazabal