spotfire web player analysis connecting to ms sql server analysis services cube authentication issue

Bob Mitt

in web player, my analysis is prompting for a uid/pwd to ssas cube. when a valid uid/pwd with appropriate access is entered the authenication still fails. analysis works fine in desktop client mode.

Is something not configured properly with our web player installation

help

This has tripped me up before. I had to make sure the correct Microsoft SQL Server ADOMD.NET driver was installed on the server ... depending on your Spotfire version, this will be the Web Player Server (before v7.5), or the Node Server (v7.5 and up).

We are running SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2014, and the driver I needed was the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 ADOMD.NET driver. Not certain which one you will need, but I recall that several were available for easy download from Microsoft.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

Please grant the access of 'Allow log on locally' rights on the Node Manager Server machine to the end user.

As we know, the MSAS connector only works with Windows Integrated Authentication. This makes it so the connector needs to impersonate the user that is to be logged in to the source, which is why all users who need to access the report sourcing data from the cube be explicitly granted log-on rights to the node managersystem so that the connector is able to impersonate them. If not the users then the group that they belong to needs to have the log-on rights (i.e the individual users or the AD group they belong to be granted 'Allow log on locally' rights on the Node Manager Server machine).

TIBCO Spotfire Server Version: 7.5 and Up

Thanks,

Avinash.