Issue with CustomDataSource

Didier Bastogne

Hi,

I do have a custom c# plugin which was developped (and is working fine with Spotfire Analyst 7.11) but today I started the migration to Spotfire Analyst 10.10 and I do get a weird issue.

using the CustomDataSource in a CustomTool it works fine but when I use the same CustomDatasource via the Data/Add Data menu and choose my CustomDataSource I get this error after the prompt Dialog has been closed

InvalidOperationException at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework:

Attempt to perform an operation on an incorrect thread. Use ApplicationThread.Invoke() to invoke into the application thread. (HRESULT: 80131509)

Stack Trace:

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.ApplicationThread.ThrowNotOnApplicationThread()

at Spotfire.Dxp.Framework.ApplicationModel.DedicatedThreadAccessible.ValidateOnApplicationThread()

at Spotfire_KD4DM.DataSource.ConnectCore(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, DataSourcePromptMode promptMode) in C:......DataSource.cs:line 139

at Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataSource.ConnectWithoutPrompting(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, DataSourcePromptMode promptMode, Boolean updateInternalState, DataLoadSettings loadSettings)

the error is raise at this line, in the connectCore method

protected override Spotfire.Dxp.Data.DataSourceConnection ConnectCore(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, DataSourcePromptMode promptMode)

{

// Retrieve the prompt service.

PromptService promptService = this.GetService(serviceProvider);

looking at the examples in the SDK or docmentation does not provide any help as it's exactly the same code everywhere..

Edit: since 10.10 there is a new property for CustomDataSources:AlwaysLoadOnApplicationThread. the default value is false but is causing issues in my case so I added this code to set it to true

/// Gets a value indicating whether this data source always should be loaded on the application thread.

///

protected override bool AlwaysLoadOnApplicationThread

{

get

{

return true;

}

}

Since its seems to perform some operation that needs to be performed on the applicaiton thered.

Could you set theAlwaysLoadOnApplicationThread to true in your code. It should work.

https://docs.tibco.com/pub/doc_remote/sfire_dev/area/doc/api/TIB_sfire-analyst_api/html/P_Spotfire_Dxp_Application_Extension_CustomDataSource_AlwaysLoadOnApplicationThread.htm