Document.Data.Tables.Select... Getting to the data!

Simon Robinson

Hi,

I'm trying to write some python code and need to extract a specific data point from one row in a data table. I'm trying to do it without having to create a cursor to loop through the whole data set (using the Getrows method). The code below appears to isolate the specific row in my table but I can't work out how to reference a specific data point in that row (hence the s!). Can you help My table has3 columns: TableKey, DateKey, Datapoint

myDataPoint= Document.Data.Tables['myTable'].Select("TableKey = 2500").

Something like:

myDataPoint= Document.Data.Tables['myTable'].Select("TableKey = 2500").Columns("Datapoint")

Hi Simon,

That method returns a RowSelection object, which you can use to get the values from. However, you'll need to "iterate" over the RowSelection as an IndexSet

from Spotfire.Dxp.Data import *

myRowSelection = dt.Select('Promotions = 6')

print myRowSelection

cursor1 = DataValueCursor.CreateFormatted(dt.Columns["Store Name"])

for row in dt.GetRows(myRowSelection.AsIndexSet(), cursor1):

print cursor1.CurrentValuePlease excuse the fact that I have used different variable and column names in my script, but I hope you'll be able to see how to use it.

Andrew (TIBCO Data Science)

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Thanks for the post, this is just what I was looking for. However I am wondering if it is possible to use a value from a document property for the selection criteria.

For example:

myRowSelection = dt.Select('Promotions = Document.Properties["MyDocProperty"]')

I have tried a few different ways of achieving this but haven't had any luck. Any suggestions