How to increase length of List Box

Keyur Parekh 2

Hi Everyone,

I have inserted a listbox filter through text area and I want to (1). Increase the length of list box and(2).increase fonts however I am unable to do it. If you see in the attached image (1) I can not drag the size of the list box downward and for (2) If I go in to edit format contol most of the fields are grayed out, the 120 in specific size is for horizontal increase however I want vertical increase for which 135 + font sizegrayed out I don't know why. (3) If I select the entire section and try to edit from the top filters I can change the font size however when I save and close, nothing happends to my list box.

Anyone gone through this situation please help.

Best,

Keyur Parekh

Keyur,

For #1, can you make sure that that there is sufficient real estate for the control to extend If there is enough space and you still can't extend this control, I would suggest clearing the text area and then adding it again.

for #2, "Format Control" option works only for specific controls in Text Area(Ex: Action Controls) and this won't work for filter controls. Here is a quick note from the client help file:

"Use this dialog to change the font settings for, or reset the size of, filters, controls or items in the text area. Which settings are available in the dialog depends on the type of selected control or item."

For #3, I am not sure if I understand.Can you elaborate

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your reply.

For #1, I did remove the text control and added it again however I am not able to resize it. Basically I want to disply all the items in the list box hence need to entend it vertically.

For #2, If I can not use the format control then what is the other option

For # 3, I was just increasing font size by selecting the control and changing the font size from the main menu hoever it does not effect.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Best,

Keyur Parekh

Keyur,

These controls are of fixed size and and I don't think these can be scaled vertically (you can expand the width though). If there are more values in the list box for example, it would display a scroll bar.

Regarding the fonts for filter controls (whereever they are displayed), I don't see an option to change these. Let me test.

Hi Pavan,

I appreciate your time. The other option I have is to convert the list box to have a "Drop down list" from "Property Control". I am trying this since an hour but I am unable to set properties to the bar graph so that once I change the filter bar graph changes (Just like list box filter I did from "Insert Filter"). I have a column called "Mtier" in whichthere are different departments so I am selecting the "Unique Values in Column" selection. Is this the right approach

Once I save the text area I can see the dropdown however I am not sure how to assign the value of Mtiers (Departments) to my bar graph. (I have attached 3 steps that I followed, you will see the error in 3)

Do you know how to do that

Best,

Keyur Parekh

Keyur,

I am not sure if that's the right approach. The # of values that are visible (at any given point of time)in any filter type is limited and scroll bars do appear when the list goes beyond the vertical limit.

Otherthan displaying more values in the filter at a time, if I may ask, what is that you are trying to do with the graph y axis Do you wan to filter out values based on what is selected in the Text Area filters

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...