SQL Connection in Spotfire messing up existing functions

Ian Yingling 2

I have a data that is embedded and have an analysis built on top of. That data set is going to continue to grow and therefore has been moved to SQL. When I replace the data table from the embedded data to the SQL connection (connecting to a view), certain functions (like First) do not show up. Does anyone know a way to fix this issue I have checked data types and everything else basic and cannot figure it out. Anyone know a workaround on this issue

It sounds like you are using a database data-direct connection. If you want to use all of the functions within Spotfire, create an Information Link to your viewthrough the Information Designer, and you will be able to do everything you want.

You are not able to see all the function inside Spotfire because while loading the data connection, you have used Load Method - Keep Data Table External. If you want to use all the function present inside the Spotfire then use Load Method - Import Data Table.

Reference Link - http://spotfire.tibco.com/assets/blt80cd6a1f126fd141/instrucciones-para-...

Regards

Manoj Singh

• 3 years later...