Connectivity from TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio professional to Oracle Autonomous Database

Krishnakumar kunka mohanram

Hi Experts,

Request your help on below.

Customer uses IDE Tibco Jaspersoft for their application and it needs to connect Autonomous Database. Jaspersoft internally has option of using Oracle JDBC driver (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver) or Oracle (TIBCO Jaspersoft) (tibcosoftware.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver) Driver. Tried both the drivers to connect to Autonomous Database, But getting error.

While using Oracle Driver jdbc:oracle:thin:@kkatp_mediumTNS_ADMIN=C:UserskunkrishDownloadsWallet_KKATP

Error: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Error: IO Error Received fatal alert: handshake_failure, Authentication lapse 0 ms.

Autonomous databsae is up and also The same JDBC URL is working fine with SQL Developer.

While using tibcosoftware.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver) jdbc:oracle:thin:@:1522:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: URL jdbc:oracle:thin:@:1522: is invalid for driver tibcosoftware.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver

Tried service name instead of SID, that also failed with same error.

Tibco can connect Normal DBCS VM without any issues. The issue is seen only with Autonomous database.

Can you please guide me forATP database connectivitity from Tibco Jaspersoft Studio. I saw the page "https://community.spotfire.com/wiki/spotfire-connectivity-oracle-autonomous...', but it talks about Spotfire and also I couldn't follow the steps for Jaspersoft tool.

Thanks in advance,

Krishnakumar

Thanks, Krishnakumar.

• 3 weeks later...

Got it resolved!

At this link you will see pre-requisites:

https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/paas/autonomous-data-warehouse-cloud/user/connect-jdbc-thin-wallet.html#GUID-EBBB5D6B-118D-48BD-8D68-A3954EC92D2B

on section 3. tells about the JDK version you must use when connecting with this JDBC.

AND Per link:

https://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/821941/how-can-i-tell-jaspersoft-studio-use-my-current-java-version-instead-bundled-one

Edit your Jaspersoft Studio.ini and remove the lines that read:

-vm

features/jre.win32.win32.x86_64.feature_1.8.0.u151/jre/bin

This will cause jaspersoftstudio to use the JDK you have installed in your computer (not the one that jaspersoft studio has "embedded"); so make sure your computer has at least jdk"1.8.0_171"

I ALSO HAVE included the files that are attached to this answer.

Tell me if all good.

TIBCO Jaspersoft products have their own corporate and community websites.  Please go there to ask questions or search for answers, etc.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Corporate

www.jaspersoft.com

EMBEDDED BI   SOLUTIONS    RESOURCES   DEMO    QUICK START   DOWNLOAD

TIBCO Jaspersoft Community

community.jaspersoft.com

Answers   Documentation   Exchange   Wiki   Projects