Spotfire cloud, automation services, and local Excel file

James Watts

I've inherited a cloud Spotfire config, and want to do something that is straightforward on the non-cloud environment, but I'm not sure if it is possible with the cloud.

There is a dashboard that uses a local Excel file as a data source. There is an automation service job that opens the dashboard, loads the data, then saves - so when users access the dashboard from the cloud, they see the latest data embedded in it. On the desktop/local version of Spotfire, I can create a (Windows) scheduled task to run a command line to run the automation services job. I can see on the cloud version the ability to run scheduled automation services, but presumably they cannot access local Excel files Is there a way to run a command line to the cloud to still be able to access local files

If not, would moving the Excel file to a cloud location - e.g. a SharePoint folder - enable this

Jim

This KB article lists the data sources that can be used in our hosted Spotfire Cloud environment, and can update data files when there is new data.

https://support.tibco.com/s/article/List-of-supported-data-sources-in-TI...

However Automation Services is only available in the Spotfire Analyst client, you don't have the option of running it on the Server.