Different filter for each chart

Siti Aishah Md Nor

Hi.

I am still new in Spotfire.

I am facing problem in getting the filter correct for each chart. I have a dashboard with 4 filter and 3 charts.

4filter (Weekending, Country, Cat, Category)

3 charts

Performance vs Benchmark - all date in weekending, 1 country, all Cat, 1 Category

Top 3 - 1 date weekending, all country, 1 Cat, 1 Category

Breakdown - 1 date weekending, 1 country, 1 Cat, all Category

WithPerformance vs Benchmark, i try the below:

- I create a subset for all Cat. But if i use a filtering scheme to change Category / Country, the chart will not change.

- I choose 2 subset (all Cat & Current filtering) and the chart will have 2 layers of line chart.

How to configure filtering in Spotfire

Thank you

Please save your dxp file with embedded data and upload it again. Currently the data table is linked to a local csv file and it can not be accessed.

You can work with subsets and/or filtering schemes.

I usually create multiple filtering schemes and then apply this scheme to the visualization.

Currently all your visualization are using 'Filtering Scheme' which is the default scheme. You already have a second filtering schme in your file called 'Filtering Scheme (2)'. If you use this 2nd scheme in your Top3 visualization, the visualization will not be affected when you apply any filter in 'Filtering Scheme'. At the same time the ither two visualization will not change when you aplly any filter in 'Filtering Scheme (2)'

So go to the properties of your Top 3 visualization -> data -> Limit data using filterings and set your scheme.

You can also create new filtering schemes right there. But there are many ways to create an modify these schemes...

In the Filters panel you can switch between your schemes to set your filters .

scheme.png

It doesnt seem practical switching between filtering schemes to change my charts.

Is there a way i use 3 filtering schemes and have a link between themExample:

Filtering Scheme - Performance vs Benchmark

Filtering Scheme (2) - Top 3If I use Filtering Scheme and change 1 country, Top 3 will still read all country.

But when I change 1 category, Top 3 will follow.

You can activate more than just one filtering scheme in a visualization.

So I would recommend to create a MASTER scheme that will affect a visualizations and than as many other sub-schemes as you need. The MASTER scheme should than be active in each visualization together with whatever sub-scheme you need.

If you don't want to switch the filtering scheme each time you can think about creating a text field where you put the most important filters for this dashboard. In the text field you can also describe what this filter is exactly doing. 

I will upload my file.